BYOB = Bring Your Own Bucket-o-Balls
This is an important update for Driven Academy Members...
We are encouraging all members to bring their own baseballs / softballs until further notice.
The logic behind this decision is first and foremost about safety. It is our understanding that a large part of why the COVID-19 virus is so contagious is due to its' ability to persist on hard surfaces. We are wiping down the countertops, door handles, weight room, etc. as diligently as we can, but we are finding it nearly impossible to clean the baseballs and softballs that circulate so freely about the facility.
The other contributing factor in this decision, that is perhaps even more frustrating to report, is a theft. Sadly, someone stole approximately 10-12 dozen baseballs from the facility. We will not replace those until after we are back to operating with a full staff. We would be extremely grateful if anyone has any information about the missing baseballs.
Thank you for being Driven!
An Important Update for our Driven Family:
A sincere thank you to all our clients and staff for your continued patience and extra assistance in helping us keep Driven as safe as possible through the gambit of unusual circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic!
The Driven Academy / Driven Power are still open. But in keeping with Mayor Baird's ordinance, we need to limit occupancy to a maximum of 10 people in the facility at a time. To stay compliant with this requirement, we are enacting the following changes until further notice:
- All Driven Academy baseball / softball lessons will be one-on-one. We will not be offering any group lessons or classes at this time.
- All Driven Power personal training and classes will be suspended until further notice.
- We are asking parents to drop off athletes and stay in the car or return at the conclusion of the lesson.
- We will offer a maximum of 4 concurrent lessons in the facility at one time.
- We are strongly encouraging parents to schedule and pay for lessons online, so that we can reduce sharing contact through cash and credit transactions.
For members, we are also asking your assistance when using the facility as follows:
- Please comply with staff instructions; we hate to turn anyone away --- but if we have more 10 people in the facility, staff will ask you to leave and return when there are fewer people in the facility.
Please self-comply when staff are not present; if you see 10 people already in the facility - please wait in your car until you see others leave -- or return at another time. Please note, when staff are not present, we will be monitoring capacity via video surveillance.
- We know these additional restrictions may cause some frustration and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience. We are so blessed to operate in Nebraska where we are continually impressed by the mutual respectful shown between fellow members. Together we will make it through this thing! We cannot wait to get everyone back on the diamond and playing the sports we love!
Thank you for being Driven!
- We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation. At any point, if we do not feel it is reasonable to continue operations - we will provide additional information at that time.
- We are doubling down on cleaning surfaces commonly touched by hands - wiping down counters / equipment / door handles / etc.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at the main counter and encouraging all employees to be vigilante about hand washing
- We are temporarily suspending all late cancellation fees. If you are feeling ill, we are happy to reschedule you when you are feeling better. Likewise, if this outbreak continues for an extended period and you have any lessons or multipacks that would expire, we will grant extensions.
- In the event one or more of our coaches are unable to make a lesson for health concerns, we will be happy to reschedule you with another coach or wait until your primary coach is ready to return.
- Staying home if you feel ill
- Washing your own hands as you come in (an especially good reminder for our younger athletes)
- Wiping down Driven Power equipment after use.